From:
James Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:43:43 -0500

Thank you for asking about gluten or wheat-free products.

We are sorry to disappoint you but we do not manufacture a gluten-free
product.  Our cereals contain malt flavouring in the natural flavours.

The formulation of Kellogg's cereals requires the malt flavouring as it
contributes to the characteristic, unique flavour of the cereals.  The
malt flavouring used is an unconcentrated extract of barley malt (barley
which has undergone a soaking, germination and drying process) and corn
flour.  The two ingredients are mixed with water under controlled
temperature for a specified period of time to develop the characteristic
flavour.  The extract or liquid obtained after a filtration process is
then blended with other ingredients.

Although we understand and are aware of the special dietary needs of
many people, we are not always able to accommodate all consumers.

We hope this information is helpful.

THE BEST TO YOU!!

Consumer Affairs
KELLOGG CANADA INC.