From:
Linda Ireland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Ireland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:22:21 -0700

Just thought I'd write to tell you folks - I went to my local Fred Meyer
(QFC and Fred Meyer are owned by Kroger out here in the Northwest) last
night.  They are now stocking 3 GF Pantry "Meals in Minutes," you know,
the kind of cups where you add boiling water and let it sit for several
minutes, stir and eat?  I don't know if QFC has them, too.

I bought 3 flavors - I don't know how many they make - but in the past,
the other companies that I've seen that made this kind of product were
not GF.  I just made and am eating for lunch what they call "Hearty
Chicken Primavera."  It's got quite a few meat chunks in it, and is
nicely spiced.  So even though this kind of product is made with
dehydrated vegetables and meat, I have to say, it's quite tasty and
filling.  Even better, I can visualize keeping a stash of these in a
drawer at the office and at home, for an easy meal with no prep time.
Or take them camping!  I'm thinking about some of the bike rides I've
been on, where the standard fare is loads of spaghetti with rest stops
for bananas and energy bars.  I'm seeing more mobility in my future -
there's nothing like getting sick when there's 10 miles of pedalling
between you and the next rest stop!

The other 2 flavors they had at Fred Meyer were Santa Fe Beans and Rice
and Stroganoff Style Rice with Beef.

I'm so pleased to have a quick and easy convenience food available, I
just wanted to let folks know.  I'm not financially related to GF Pantry
in any way, I'm just a fan of their brownie and French bread mixes.

By the way, Fred Meyer also had a couple of GFP skillet mixes that I
didn't buy, kind of quick and easy stovetop meal mixes.  I may have to

Linda Ireland, Seattle