From:
Kate Pagliccia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 15:19:14 -0500

I called McCormick's just now and was told that on pure spices there was
no guarantee against cross-contamination. (Pure spices they defined as
those with no other ingred. but the spice.)

Being very sensitive to gluten traces, I'm wondering if anyone has
mail-order gf sources for any spices or spice mixes. So often specific
brands can't be found in the store.

As has been suggested on this list, using whole spices ground at home is a
great idea. But things like cloves do not grind fine enough, being so hard
and strong flavored, the results aren't pleasant. Nutmeg is ok, the flavor
being much smoother and sweeter.

Thanks, Kate. Boston.