From:
Anita Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 23:40:23 EDT

Hi Susan & listmembers,

I can attest to Susan's sincerity and hard work for celiac pts, for I am one
of those patients she talked with while in the hospital!  My name is Anita
and besides being GF, I also have insulin dependent diabetes, coronary artery
disease, delayed gastric emptying, ulcers, reflux disease along with an
esophagus with markedly reduced peristaltic activity and a big head ache.
I've recently learned that the reflux disease may have contributed greatly to
my oral health, since I've had 8 root canals and one of those became an
apicoectomy, in the past 4 years, as well as TMJ.  I have been able to
maintain my humor through it all and that may be the only thing that gets me
through many of those days.

I do have a limited diet, but few "accidents", and that is what I'm after.
The other gut problems are hard to handle, and I don't need something that I
know I can personally control, contributing to my pain.

I feel Susan could truly be our advocate and is certainly interested, so
let's let her know about the "truth" out there!

Thanks for listening and good luck, Susan!

Anita in KC