From:
Nancy Groves <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Groves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2011 20:19:39 -0700

In our metro largest area we are so fortunate to have several food coops

which make strong efforts to accommodate those with food allergies including
gluten. It is so nice to view their aisles for the special color attached to
the labeling of items that I am looking for and to see the one or two that

stand out quickly.  Some of the larger stores have not been nearly as
focused on serving this special clientele.

I have watched the offerings of another store line grow very deliberately at

another specialty grocer, Fresh & Natural Foods in Plymouth MN. The selections

there for the gluten free shopper are better than I have found at any other

grocer line in the area.  They stock a full line of dry groceries, fresh fruits

and vegetables including bulk organic grains and nuts, fresh ready-to-eat

deli foods, and frozen foods.  Their offering of gluten free is varied, interesting,

organic, high quality and tasty. I've been really impressed.

Their website gives the three local stores they now have along with their

ads for special offers and discounts.  This store deserves a serious look
by other Gluten Free folks.

http://www.freshandnaturalfoods.com/locations

There are other stores that deserve mention too, and I look forward to reading
suggestions from others.