From:
"Robert F. Eyerman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:20:40 -0500

Dear Listmembers, There were two posts today regarding people not
understanding the diet and someone getting sick at a neighbor's party.
Even if you tell your friends and family what you can and cannot eat,

you have no idea how the food was prepared and whether or not they
used GF brands of ingredients to prepare them.  I always take my own
goodies with me and just explain that I have a condition that causes

multiple food allergies.  When you mention intestinal, it seems to
"gross people out".  Most people, I have found, aren't interested in
hearing and learning about the disease, including my neighbor, a
pharmacist who had never heard of it and didn't even ask me what
it is when I mentioned I had it!  I trust no one with my diet, except
myself,
my mother, and a few companies that I order from.  Another thing that
you can do is get some terrific GF brownie mixes, yes, horrendously
expensive, and bring a lot along, so you can share and not feel so

conspicuous, if it bothers you, and that gives you something to eat,
too. Happy Holidays!  Karen from Central NY, USA