From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 19:45:04 -0500

Here at Chicken Paradise in San  Antonio, your suite awaits you. (
www.chickenparadise.com  )The six pea-chick eggs should be hatching the
weekend of May 6/7, so if you would like to see nature at work, book the
suite and come to San Antonio for a few days.  When Cleopatra the pea hen
started sitting on her nest, I counted 28 days to mark the calendar.  We are
marveling that she is due within 24 hours of the time they hatched last
year.  How do they know these things!

The blackberries are almost ripe, and I managed to find a handful of ripe
ones to nibble today. There is still some winter lettuce in the garden, but
most of the space is taken over by basil, tomatoes and eggplant.   There are
still spring dill and onions to harvest before long.  The herb bed provides
for us all year round.  There were children swimming daily during spring
break in early April and the water is continuing to warm up.  Of course, the
outdoor hot water shower helps warm you up.

If you would like to have a few carefree days in San Antonio, and let us
prepare you some full gluten-free breakfasts using fresh eggs and the
produce from the garden, come on over.  I am hoping to have enough berries
to make a blackberry cobbler or pie by next weekend, and it sounds like a
wonderful way to finish off a breakfast designed around your personal tastes
and restrictions.

We are only 15 minutes away from downtown, and all the sights of San Antonio
are nearby.  We would love to see you.  Check out the website and see the
suite with mini-kitchen for yourself.

Anne Barfield
San Antonio, Texas
www.chickenparadise.com