From:
tjsolhjem <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
tjsolhjem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:44:58 -0500

It was with MUCH trepidation that I attempted my first gluten-free, from
scratch baking experiment today.  And whatdayaknow...SUCCESS!  I used a
recipe from the Gluten Free Gourmet book for pumpkin bread, since we have
garden fresh pumpkins and I was making bars for the rest of the family.  It
was soooo much simpler than I ever thought it would be....the bread was
fresh looking, smelling, and even tasting.
But of course, my joy was short lived when Sheyenne, being the 2 year old
she is, spit it right out.  She was maybe already full, had a big audience
with Dad, sister, brother and anxious mother going..."How is it?" so I will
try giving it to her again tomorrow....and the day after that....and now
that I am brave, maybe I'll make something else!  (And besides, I can't
afford all these gluten-free pretzels she LOVES!!!!)
Thanks to this list for a constant source of support!  I feel so blessed to
have found you all.... ;-)
Jana

Introducing NetZero Long Distance