From:
Diane Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:33:16 PDT

Just thought I'd throw this out, in case anyone in the New York area might
want to take advantage of this.  I just discovered a big stash of the
gluten-free Frookies at Jack's 99-Cent Store on 40th St. between Fifth Ave.
and Madison (S. side of street).  They have the double chocolate and the
peanut butter, both going for $.99 a box (considerably less than in the
health food stores).  In a sense, this makes me uneasy--does it mean they
were not selling well, and Frookies has decided to unload them cheap?--But
then again, I periodically observe perennial products like M&Ms and Reese's
Peanut Butter Cups selling there cheap too, every once in a while, so maybe
it means nothing in particular.

        But, while the supply lasts, those of us in the region might want to
take advantage of this (although I must admit, they are a bit sweet for my
taste).                           Diane, NYC