From:
"Joan M. Orvosh" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan M. Orvosh
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:09:09 -0500

This is referring to my posting about a bad gastric response to the new
line of GF bread from Whole Foods bakery.  Let me first thank all of you
who responded. its wonderful to feel the support. Many said that they
tolerate the bread very well. So it may have been the bread style we
tried  we might try the cinnamon and the praire bread as it was suggested a
few times. I doubt that contamination was the issue.   More likely it was a
reaction to something other than gluten.  the suggestions were many...
milk, tapioca, whole grains, fat, millet( which, I am assured IS GF), soy,
canola oil, yeast, eggs, bean flour, locus bean.  But the most frequently
mentioned possible offender was guar gum or xanthum gum.  One lister said
these are actually used as laxatives!   Many people recommended making your
own bread... some even grind their own rice flour.  hats off to
you.  that's the kind of  investment that, I'm sure, is the best of all
solutions.