From:
Rhonda Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2012 16:27:41 -0400

We spent 6 days in Boone. We really didn't eat anywhere else & day trips
were nature walks. I didn't get any response on listserv but my Boone,NC gluten free
internet search yielded a list to start from.
My best experiences were
Melanie's for brunch(open only til 2pm)-amazing
Hob Nob for lunch or dinner only-great
Red Onion Cafe on Blowing Rock Rd by ASU
Coyote Kitchen by Walmart
Also tried Galileo but I don't think they do enough gf.
They sounded so confident but I got glutened to finish my trip.
(I should have known when they had fries listed as gf but they are fried with eveerything else)
I of course didn't get any deep fried but my sandwich on the plate was tasty.-but not worth the results.
I packed a bunch of gf things for our suite in case I cooked. I truly could have taken nothing.
Every store I went into had a nice selection of gluten free and dairy free items.
Best was Earth Fare but Ingle's and Food Lion had alot also.
My last shop was Bare Essentials near Greenway Hiking Trail many supplements, etc
Can't wait to go back! Rhonda Reid