From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 15:01:29 -0500

Some months ago there was a short posting about a digestive enzyme put out
by a company that I believe was called the Ness Corporation.  The
medication was called Formula 22.  It was then reported to be available
only thru doctor's offices and chiropractic offices.  I have called most of
the chiropractors in Ithaca and no one carries this product.  I have not
yet seen an MD, but hope to eventually ask him/her to let me try the
product.  That might be a more successful request if I had a report from
someone who had successfully tried it.

Is there anyone out there who has, indeed, tried Ness' Formula 22?  Did you
notice any difference in your gut reactions? Do any other readers of this
list believe, as I do, that my gut does not put out sufficient enzymes to
deal with gluten and that  that is the reason for the celiac problem?

Sorry not to be particularly concerned about egg nog and New Year's Eve
party fare, but if I can successfully eat dinner and have a glass of white
wine I feel it has been a good evening.    Meanwhile, Happy New Year to all
on this wonderful celiac help line.  I feel in touch with a whole group of
almost soul mates - people who really understand the constant effort
required to keep a positive outlook on life thru three hazardous meals
every day.

When 1996 settles down, perhaps readers would like to address the question
of vacation locations.  Surely there is somewhere in the USA where we could
take over a whole resort - girl scout camp or ??? - and have an inexpensive
gluten- free holiday.  It would be a complicated kitchen, with some of us
also avoiding lactose, sugar, MSG, etc., but it might be worth a little
investigation.  I don't need the Awahnee Lodge in Yosemite nor the Waldorf
Astoria in NYC, but just a place with a beach, a row boat, camp fires, and
good food cooked by someone else.  The someone else is the most important.
Cooking from scratch all the time is hard on the feet, back, hands, and
sense of humor.

Thanks for any help re: Ness formula 22.

Gayle Kennedy