From:
Esme Neely Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:46:14 -0500

Dear listers,

I just received a clarification from Yorkshire Farms about the frozen food
product, Chicken Bites. The packaging on the web page has the label which
clearly states, "Gluten Free." Yea!

However, in checking the ingredients, there is malt flavoring listed. I just
called the company and they got back to me with the word from "the big boss"
-- the malt is rice malt and the newer packages now do not even contain
that. They are truly gluten free, according to the company. I now hope my
local Fresh Fields carries them for us to try.

Esme in Maryland