From:
Betty Brinkley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betty Brinkley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:48:09 -0600

I'd just like to take a moment to thank each and every person who contributes to this list and others for the time they spend putting things together and doing the research to make so many of our lives a whole lot easier. And I'm aware there are many.
The other day I came up with a UTI. It came on fast, hardand within a few hours I had blood in my urine. I was advised to go to the Emergency Room to get checked out. They had no idea how to even enter celiac into there system. They had no codes for gluten. The attending physician saw me and confirmed a UTI and that I needed antibotics right away. This was at around 12 oclock at night. So they needed to give me oral antibiotics. But she had no idea what was gluten free, so I advised a Google search to find Dr. Hollands web site. She did and within a few minutes we were sure I could have the Cipro. I've had UTI's before that got out of hand and went into kidney infections and lead to urinary track dialations. Because we could act fast I'm sure we headed off a major problem. Dr. Hollands web site is something put together for no payment on his time because he cares about a bunch of people he's never even met. He's just one such person as I mentioned above who deserves a big thank you from all of us!! We tend to forget.

Betty

*******
*******