From:
Olivia Kogler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:50:16 EST

Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my questions re sweet rice.  You
guys are really great.  What a wonderful family of people we are.

The unanamous answer was that sweet rice is just a shorter, fatter, stickier
form of regular rice that can be cooked and used like white rice.  My family
loves sticky rice since we lived in Japan for a few years (strange that I
didn't know about sweet rice) so I always make my rice sticky and am looking
forward to trying this new type (especially in sushi).  For those of you with
toddlers it might be worth trying this rice.  Since I always make my rice
sticky I have noticed that my little grandaughter loves it because she can
pick it up and eat it so easily compared to "regular" more separate rice.
Just a thought.

Thanks again to everyone who responded and good health to all.  Olivia