From:
JOSEPH W ANDERSON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
JOSEPH W ANDERSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 15:10:43 -0700

WOW! Already 64 of you have responded to my question...you guys are
awesome!! Here's the summary:

the overwhelming MAJORITY of you suggested www.kinnikinnick.com. Everyone
said that this was the best, by far, that you had tried. Several of you
listed the tapioca rice bread, italian white, cheese bread, high fiber,
kwik-bread mix, pizza crust, bagels and donuts as wonderful! I will
definately be trying this company:-)
A few of you  said that the Millet Bread from DeLand's Bakery in Florida
is delicious. Once place you can order it is www.dietaryshoppe.com
Several of you said the Cornbread from www.glutino.com was good.
www.glutenfreepantry.com has a slicing bread mix that is good. One of you
suggested adding cinnamon sugar for a sweeter taste.
One of you suggested www.glutenfreedelights.com and said the white bread
was wonderful
Other suggestions include: www.bobsredmill.com - bread mix
www.rittsbakery.com- bread seems better when toasted and eaten right away
"Food for Life" bread is good- one of you said it is more dry & crumbly
than others
One person suggested that the Seattle Brown Bread from Ener-G is good,
but on the most part, most of you agreed that their bread is not great.
www.betterbatter.com- All-A-Rounds, and sandwich are good

Thanks to you for all of your help. As a bonus, Jan from ND, sent me some
recipes that I can't wait to try!!I'll share them w/you:
White Bread

1 ½ c warm water 3 eggs, stirred
1 tsp cider vinegar
¼ c vegetable oil (or 1/8 c vegetable oil & 1/8 c melted butter

2 c white rice flour ½ c potato starch
1/3 c tapioca starch 1 tbsp xanthan gum
¼ c cornstarch 2/3 c dried milk
2 ¼ tsp yeast
1 ½ tsp salt 3 tbsp sugar

I use empty tuna cans with only the top removed. I place 12 tuna cans on
a jelly roll pan and spray them with Pam. I mix with mixer, scoop into
empty tuna cans. Let raise  and bake as buns.  Bake at 375 for 18
minutes.

Italian Bread

This is a great bread but it needs to be baked in a long loaf pan 12x4 ½.

2 c. rice flour 4 tsp Red Star active dry yeast
1 1/8 c tapioca starch flour 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp xanthan gum 2 egg whites from large eggs
1 tsp salt 1 large egg
2 ½ tbsp sugar 1 ½ c warm water

Mix with mixer that has dough hooks or in bread maker, then put dough
into
long loaf pan to raise. Wet one hand and use to shape the dough into a
loaf.
Let rise until almost doubled 30-60 min. Bake at 375 for 30-45 min. Cool
on
a rack. This makes excellent toast and croutons. I use a pan that is 4x14
as large slices tend to crumble.
 Jan from ND