From:
Betsy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:43:32 -0600

Listmates:

A great flourless cookie recipe from allrecipes.com.  I am posting
the recipe as it is available without registration on the Internet.
There is another flourless recipe, but this one had more positive
reviews.  I added some notes from my experience at the end.  Enjoy!

Betsy
Austin, Texas

Pignoli Cookies I   http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/PignoliCks.asp
Submitted by: Adele

"They are pleasantly sweet, made with almond paste and pine nuts, but
no flour."  Original recipe yield: 3 dozen.

INGREDIENTS:
                12 ounces almond paste
                1/2 cup white sugar
                1 cup confectioners' sugar
                4 egg whites
                1 1/2 cups pine nuts

DIRECTIONS:
        1.      Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2
cookie sheets with foil; lightly grease foil.
        2.      Mix almond paste and granulated sugar in food
processor until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and 2 egg whites;
process until smooth.
        3.      Whisk remaining 2 egg whites in small bowl. Place
pine nuts on shallow plate. With lightly floured hands roll dough
into 1 inch balls. Coat balls in egg whites, shaking off excess, then
roll in pine nuts, pressing lightly to stick. Arrange balls on cookie
sheets, and flatten slightly to form a 1 1/2 inch round.
        4.      Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until
lightly browned. Let stand on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire
rack to cool.

Recipe Notes:  These cookies got rave reviews.  Several said they
tasted like macaroons.  I used the almond paste made by Solo--it is
canned and does not dry out like some of the tubes do.  (In Austin I
get it at the All in One Bake Shop, 8566 Research Blvd (near Ohlen
Road across from Target.)  My dough was soft and I refrigerated it
until it was firm.  With the dough cold, I did not need to use any GF
flour.  Do use the foil and I sprayed it with Mazola,  Leave cookies
on foil until cool and then peel off--I transferred the foil sheet
with cookies to the wire rack to cool.