From:
Rosalie Jalbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 20:13:38 -0500

Having a gf wedding cake should not present a problem.  Several people in
our group have been married recently.  A "real" cake was made for the
guests.  A portion (generally the top piece) was made gluten-free and
frosted the same as the rest of the cake.  The Bride and Groom cuts the top
piece for the traditional cake-cutting ceremony.  It's works very well.
When my son was leaving for Alabama, my girlfriend make him the best gf
cake for his going away party and 75 people never knew that it was gf. I
ordered the mix from the Gluten Free Pantry in CT and the frosting was
confectionary sugar and milk (lactaid).  She did a great job. By the way,
Beth Hillson's Gluten Free Pantry cake mix was delicious. Beth also will
give tips on how to keep it fresh, etc. if you find someone who wants to
make one for you.

Rosalie Jalbert - Living in the State of Hope (Rhode Island) [log in to unmask]

Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed.