From:
Don McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 19:04:28 -0700

Thank you for the encouraging response (l9 replies).  I had a very
successful luncheon.  On the advice of the vast majority, I replaced the
fruit salad with steamed vegetables (broccoli and baby carrots).  , and
served brown rice in addition to the chicken breasts and green salad with
artichoke hearts.. There were a number of people who told me that baked
potatoes and brown rice were occasionally okay for this diet.  I hadn't
known that fruits were no-nos.  It was a little odd not to serve a dessert -
one person suggested a cheesecake with a ground nut crust, which sounds
delicious but I didn't have time to make.  I've filed it with my must try
recipes.  Again, thanks for all the help, it's so  nice to have this source
of information and support.

 Nancy in So. Oregon