Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 23:14:27 -0400

Thanks everyone for your replies.  We head up Sun and I am looking forward to it.  Here are the reponses.

Simon Pearce Restaurant in Quechee VT has always been very accommodating. The food is excellent - it is a very nice restaurant with prices to match the quality.

There is a fancyish restaurant in Essex called Butlers -- it is in the Inn at Essex, which is part of the New England Culinary Institute.  They don't have a gluten free menu per se, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were willing to accommodate. http://www.vtculinaryresort.com/  I think it is on the expensive side, however, probably about 50-60 per person for a 3 course meal.

The Town of Waterbury, next to Stowe has some GF friendly restaurants. Tanglewoods off Rt 100 has lots of GF choices and the Chef is very willing to work with you. In town there is a Mexican/East Indian restaurant called Marsala Salsa that is excellent with lots of GF choices. For breakfast or lunch, especially as you head to Woodstock you can stop in Montpelier to Kismet. The owner has a celiac child and makes wonderful healthy meals. There is also J Morgans for all three meals in Montpelier.
But if you're heading in off I89 - there is a small store on the west side of the road that has all natural products and gluten free items.  I bought all types of bars there for hiking, very nice.  I believe there is also a place on the main street in Montpelier.  And make sure to take a tour of Ben & Jerry's while you're there.  The tour is a lot of fun and I know they offer many gluten free flavors.

We just made a reservation at the Ten Acre Lodge in Stowe There is a restaurant on the property called Steve and Erika's (leased by someone other than the B&B owners) that gets rave reviews. I called them and asked if they did gluten free meals and the owner spoke with confidence that he could provide me a lovely GF meal. I did not ask any more questions at that point. Went ahead and made a reservation and will speak with him more at length when we go. Also, found this review of another B&B in Stowe with a restaurant that got rave reviews for accommodating GF called Ye Olde England Inn in Stowe.

This place looks interesting too http://www.skipthegluten.com/information/stowemeadows.html  Stowe Meadows is an inn or B+B and Skip the Gluten is a bakery that it is affiliated with.