From:
Sue Jeno <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:35:39 -0500

All,
Some wonderful listmates wrote to indicate that glucose syrup is
formulated in such a was as to render it gluten free regardless of
the starting ingredient.  It was explained that the process is
similar to what happens with the distillation process.  Thanks so
much for the information.

I apologize for not researching the issue more extensively before
posting to the listserve.  It was disappointing information from the
company, but I am ever so delighted to be able to eat the eggs
again!  I hope that those who enjoy Cadbury eggs will continue to
enjoy them this Easter knowing that the wheat listed on the label is
a starting ingredient and the processing creates a GF glucose syrup.

Happy eating.
Sue