From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:21:35 -0600

I am posting this recipe because it has satisfied some of my craving for
local Mexican food.  It is very frustrating to live in a city where
there is a Mexican restaurant on every corner, but it is hard to get
good answers about ingredients.  Whenever I ask about the corn
tortillas, it turns out they are rolled out right on top of the floured
space for the flour tortillas.

You will have to find a source for corn tortillas, unless you can make
your own.  Many salsas that are available have no vinegar, so you can
buy them or make your own.

Enjoy!

CARNE GUISADA     LOS BARRIOS, SAN ANTONIO, TX FEB.99

         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

This recipe  was in the local newspaper, and I was glad to get it,
because I have eaten at this restaurant, pre-celiac..  It’s honest,
homestyle (casero) cooking made with Mama Viola Barrios’ authentic
recipe.  It makes up quickly because top sirloin is used, instead of  a
tougher cut, like chuck.  After a quick browning (without any oil), the
juices are drained off but not discarded.

Anne in San Antonio