Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 17:17:45 -0400

Hello group,

There is a great Italian restaurant in Ocean, NJ that is very familiar with gf cooking. When I asked about gf food prep, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the staff and the chef are understand the dietary needs of those with celiac disease, aware of the need to cook gf meals separately and they actually stock gf pasta! Now that's progress! They do not have a separate gf menu but all you need to do is let them know and they take care of the rest. They were very accommodating and the food was delicious.

Here is the restaurant information if anyone is interested:

Piccola Italia
837 West Park Avenue (intersects with Route 35)
Cobblestone Village
Ocean,  NJ   07712
732-493-3090
www.piccolaitalianj.com

I have no financial interest in this restaurant but I think what they are doing is wonderful and celiacs should try to go to restaurants who cater to our dietary needs.

For anyone planning to visit the Jersey Shore this summer, the restaurant a few miles away if you take exit 105 on the Garden State Parkway. It's also only about 5 miles from Monmouth Park Race track.

Bon appetite!

Joyce from
New Jersey