From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:44:21 -0400

Do any of the nutritionists out there know about black rice gluten?

All of a sudden, black rice is becoming hip, but according to the descriptions, it is said to be high in gluten.

I wrote to a company I found online, (Purcell Mountain Farms) that markets black rice, among other things, and they said they have no clue if the gluten is something we'd react to, and they said that they wouldn't consider any of their products gluten-free, including stuff we'd normally eat. In fact, I think the response I got had a level of panic in it.

I never heard of black rice before, but it has been on tv recently. Also a friend just returned from Charleston, SC for a vacation, and saw a store called tea and rice, or something like that, where the descriptive card on the bin of black rice said it's high in gluten.

I'm curious. Lin

*******
*******