From:
Jenny & Ed Cronin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:38:53 -0400

Hello.  I have come across an older lady who has diabetes and was
diagnosed with celiac within the last two years.  She lives by herself
and doesn't have access to a group such as this.  I would like to help
her out by purchasing some food products and also do some baking.  I am
not celiac myself, but my 7 year old daughter was diagnosed at 16 months
so I am (quite) familiar with the celiac side of things.  If I were to
bake something for this lady, I'm not sure what I need to watch for
under the diabetic side.  Does anyone have any good recipes of small
items that I can bake and she can freeze?  She is afraid to eat anything
at this point.  Can I substitute honey for sugar and be okay?  I'm
thinking of muffins, cookies, or some sort of treat item.  Right now she
is staying away from milk, but I think if I can help her eliminate all
gluten, milk probably won't be a problem.  I can substitute something
for milk until then.  Any ideas would be such a help.  Thanks so much.

Jenny Cronin
Shorewood, IL