From:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:39:05 -0500

Caryn,

I just posted this question a few weeks ago  and I am sorry I never
summarized the results.  Its been a little crazy for me with a baby and
toddler.  But my GI doc as well as several other GI docs have recommended to
slowly introduce gluten  between  4-6 months.  And to breastfeed for at
least 6 months.  Breastfeeding seems to have a protective effect.  I am
going to breastfeed for at least a year.    However I did this with my first
son and he developed celiac disease soon after I completly stopped
breastfeeding at 18 months.  I started to wean him off breastfeeding slowly
between  12- 16 months of age.

Many other people suggested to wait until the child is 1 years old  or even
2.  And a handful  of people said why EVER intoruduce it?

I will send you a few of the replies I got.

Thanks,
Suzanne