Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:05:05 -0500

Hello Listmates,

It is time to take my four-year old daughter back to her GI for follow-up
blood work.  She was diagnosed almost two years ago and its been am little
over a year since her last visit.  The last time we went, I wasn't
confident that the right tests were done.  This time, when I call to make
the appointment, I want to specify exactly what I expect to have done.  Do
I repeat IgA, IgG and Endomysial?  Are there additional tests I should
request like B12 or CBC, etc.?

Also, (I think I already know the answer to this one but...)if a biopsy-
diagnosed celiac has been following a gluten-free diet, is there any way to
verify the diagnosis "beyond a doubt", other than doing a gluten challenge
followed by another biopsy?

I thank you in advance for your help.