From:
Christine Pfund <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:52:22 -0700

Greetings all,

So I've done it again....I've cried in a restaurant
over yet another GF find that took me by complete
suprise! My fiance and I stopped in on our local
Bennigans last week (he likes the cheap beer) and
while agonizing over the menu choices(EVERYTHING THERE
IS FRIED, I SWEAR!), I found, stuffed into the back of
my menu the "Health Club" menu. Under the Low Carb
heading (which I was excited enough about, because as
we all know, Low Carb offerings often means that when
you order anything with no bun the wait staff won't
think you've totally gone banannas)the caption reads
"ALL LOW CARB ITEMS ARE GLUTEN FREE AND COME WITH A
SIDE OF STEAMED BROCCOLI OR FRESH GREEN BEANS".
Naturally I started tearing up and crying just as the
waiter come for our order...he took one look at me and
tells my fiance that obviously we need a few minutes
alone, and offered to come back. (It turns out that he
thought I was crying because we had just broken up or
something...and couldn't stop chuckling when we
explained that it was the GF food).

At any rate, they offer two hamburgers, grilled
chicken, porkchops, a salmon dish and a chcken cesar
salad...not much, but it's a start!

You can check out restaurant locations, and the
"health club" menu at www.bennigans.com (for the GF
menu, click on the link to the menu, and then the link
on the next page that reads Health Club...you'll get a
ppo-up window with the good stuff)

--Kristi in L.A.--

PS...I have no financial intrest in this
company...just wanted to share the news!