Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:09:25 -0400

I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my inquiry. After  reading all
the responses I did another search of Waldbaum's and found Solo  Almond
Paste in a small can for $6.00.
Here are all the suggestions that I received. I won't repeat  multiple
suggestions.
I finally found a brand that is gluten-free:  Solo Pure  Almond Paste.  I
don't know what grocery chains are near you, but I bought  it at the A&P in
NY.
How about purchasing almond butter and pouring the oil off the  top
before using.  That's what I do.  I buy a Kettle brand.
How  about purchasing almond butter and pouring the oil off the top
before  using.  That's what I do.  I buy a Kettle brand.

I make my own almond and walnut butter, which is almost the same as almond
paste. Almond paste contains almonds, sugar and a little water.  Almond
butter is almonds and perhaps a tiny bit of butter.  It's easy:
You'll need a good food processor.
Almond Paste Recipe (though I call it almond butter in the recipe):
_http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/walnut-butter-cups_
(http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/walnut-butter-cups)
I make it with agave versus sugar water, powdered sugar and/or corn  syrup.
However, there are gluten-free brands.  Nutsonline has one that is
certified gluten-free: _http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/almonds/paste.html_
(http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/almonds/paste.html)
Ingredients: Almonds,  sugar, and synthetic bitter almond oil. 1/10 of 1%
potassium sorbate added as a  preservative

I would prefer to make my own  and skip the synthetic ingredients.

This is a link to a recipe to make almond  paste
http://www.food.com/recipe/almond-paste-15869

King Arthur  Flour company sell almond paste.
Amazon has an almond paste (love'n bake) that states it is gluten free.
They also have some others that appear gluten free from the ingredient list.
(Solo, American Almond, Mandelin)
I use  Love n Bake, which is gluten free and available on Amazon or other
online  stores. (_http://lovenbake.com/service/faq.html_
(http://lovenbake.com/service/faq.html) )
 also did an exhausted search for almond past and found Love'n Bake  brand
at Sur La Tabla. The Love'n Bake website list it as gluten free.
_http://www.lovenbake.com/service/faq.html_ (http://www.lovenbake.com/service/faq.html)
   It comes in a can and taste great.
I have a few recipes in my recipe folder at the Celiac Delphi  forum:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=40555.1
I had  the same frustration about almond paste, so I give instructions
here on how  to make your own almond paste. It's easy and much less
expensive! _http://www.gfzing.com/2005/almond-paste-homemade/_
(http://www.gfzing.com/2005/almond-paste-homemade/)
Try this recipe:
Almond Paste Ingredients:
10 oz dried blanched almonds
10 oz powdered sugar
5 oz  granulated sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 cup water
Instructions: Make a sugar syrup by placing the water, sugar, and  corn
syrup in a saucepan. Stir it to combine. Bring it to a boil and let it boil
for a few moments. Let it cool. Place the almonds in a food processor and
process them to a fine powder. Add the powdered sugar. With the food processor
running, slowly add the sugar syrup until the mixture forms a paste. Store
the  almond paste tightly covered. If you will be storing it for more than a
week,  store in the refrigerator.
Our you looking at Almond Paste or Marzipan?  I know Marzipan has  starch
in it. Have you tried natural food companies like Frankferd Foods  (near
Pittsburgh), Cornucopia (the biggest health food distributor),  etc?

Thank you again,
Andrea NY