From:
Sandy Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:47:15 EST

Dear Listmates,

I thought I would forward this information for the benefit of anyone
celebrating their first G.F. Passover.  Several posts have mentioned the  G.F. oat
matzah produced by a rabbi in England, then shipped wherever.  I  had a call
from the person in Baltimore who is the distributor for my area  (Richmond).  The
cost this year, per box of about 10-12 matzos is $27,  excluding shipping!

I ordered them for about 3 years when they were about $17/box, plus
shipping.  I was able to tag my box on to the order of someone else in my  area and
save on the shipping.  One year I split a box with someone and had  just enough
for both seders and some matzah brei (matzah pancake).  As to  their taste - I
certainly wouldn't be able to eat 2-3 pieces with butter and jam  or cheese
as I used to with wheat matzah - incidentally, that last Passover of  my former
life, with all the matzah and matzah balls, was the beginning of my  real
sickness that led to my being hospitalized and diagnosed almost a year  later.
However, they do have the appearance, smell and very similar taste  to the
wheat version.    Most importantly, they are certified  gluten free and certified
kosher by the Manchester (UK) Beth Din for  Passover.

The Matzos are produced by Rabbi E. Kestenbaum, 22 Eagle Lodge, London
NW11-8BD, England.
The lady who has shipped them to my area is Karen Beleck, Phone: 410
358-9580.  I believe there's a web site for Rabbi Kestenbaum where he lists
distributors in other places.

Hope this information is helpful.  Happy Pessach to all!
Sandy, Richmond, VA
http://www.aol.com.