From:
Shughart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:31:52 -0500

Alas, despite then notion that modern blue cheese making involves injecting mold as opposed to using bread, it would appear that not all blue cheeses are considered to be gluten free. As usual, always best to check with the manufacturer - to wit the recent statement that Treasure Cave was okay, then the contact with the manufacturer which revealed that it is not (was it ever?). It would appear that the brands available in my area are not gluten free (the Private Selections was discontinued as soon as I verified its gluten free status!). Below are the question and reply from Salemville Blue Cheese (and Gorgonzola).
Hilary