From:
Esme Neely Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:22:26 EDT

Dear listers --

Thanks to all who posted me about my question concerning growth hormones
therapy for our 3 year old celiac. Seven people responded. One said his son
was successfully undergoing the treatment with no side affects. The other
answers varied from "please tell us what we learn," to "wait" and "don't fool
with mother nature."

We have decided to start with having a bone age xray done and to have our
son's thyroid tested. Depending on the answers to those tests, we may go
ahead and test for growth hormone deficiency. From there I'm not sure what we
will do yet. Maybe a growth spurt will make a decision about daily injections
unnecessary.

Esme in Maryland