From:
PATRICA CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PATRICA CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2005 21:06:45 -0400

Thanks to all who responded to my pasta inquiry.  I received an overwhelming response from people regarding my post about the best pastas.  It seems that a lot of people feel like I do - pasta was hard to give up!  Lots of other people have also bought lots of pasta they threw out.  It seems though that most people agree that Tinkyada is the best.  Here are the final tallys.
A lot of folks said that GF pasta should only be boiled a few minutes and than allowed to finish cooking with the heat turned off, sitting in the water.  I will try this and hope for the best.
  a.. Tinkyada - 86
  b.. Bi-Aglut 57 (A close second but people stated that this pasta is more expensive and Tinkyada is almost as good and less expensive.It was also stated that Bi-Aglut is more difficult to find.)
  c.. BioNaturae - 10
  d.. Dr. Schar - 8
  e.. Trader Joe's - 6
There were 16 other brands listed but all of them received only 5 or less votes.
One person said they just gave up pasta altogether.  I am going to try again and try the new cooking method.  Wish me luck!  You are a great resource for all of the celiacs out there!