From:
- Eleis Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:21:04 EDT

I see someone has already sent the link.  The article was on the cover of
Newsday, but it was very brief.  I was very upset by the father's quote at the
end of the article.  Apparently, one or two of his kids and his wife have
celiac, but he and his other child do not.  He said "well one day we'll (meaning him
and his other son) go out to lunch and eat all the pizza and ice cream we
want."  What a jerk.  I feel so bad for his wife and children.  I feel like
writing a letter to Newsday addressed to him to express my extreme anger with his
view on the disease.  I am lucky to have the full support of my family, as I
hope are most of you.

Eleis in NY

I also find it kind of ironic that the kid diagnosed himself, being as I did
the same thing (along with the help of my neighbor).  All the so called
"experts" I went to did not even think about testing me for Celiac.  Apparently,
they tell med students that they will "probably never see a case of Celiac their
entire career."  This HAS to change!!!