Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:36:38 -0400

I wish to start by saying thanks to everyone on the list, it is a God
send!!!  I was diagnosed with DH 14 years ago and Celiac showed its butt
about 8 years ago.  My daughter has had to go Gluten Free also but
neither of us have been diagnosed with Celiac.  The drs keep wanting her
to take the GF challenge but she has so much pain from it til she quits
about 3 weeks into it.  Over the past year her eyesight has deteriorated
to 20/200 in one eye and 20/400 in the other.  The Opthamologist
believes that it is Optic Neuritis and we have an appointment with a
Neuro-Opthamologist on Friday.  From what I understand, a person who has
Optic Neuritis has a 40% chance of getting Multiple Sclerosis.  I also
read that she is already at risk for MS by having Celiac.  Does anyone
know or had any experience with this???  I would appreciate any
information.  Thanks, Sandra Warren