From:
Tina Walia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:36:11 -0700

Dear List-mates:

This is my first post to the List.  I would appreciate
if the doctors in the List could give me their
opinion.

I have a friend in Chicago (Indian -- Asian -- by
ancestory) who I wonder could be an undiagnosed
celiac.  He is a 35 year old person who in the last
few months has been diagnosed with Crohn's disease,
arthritis, and Diabetes Type II.  He suffers from
eczema.  I notice that his teeth have a very dull
color.  His late mother had Myasthenia Gravis.  He
says that arthritis and diabetes run in his family.

Is there the possibility that he is a celiac?  Should
he get the blood antibodies tests?  What about the
biopsy?  Any doctor or lab in Chicago area that would
be recommended?

Thanks for your time and advice.

Regards,

Tina Walia