From:
CJ Green <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 20:18:48 -0400

Thank you to all who responded to my inquiry regarding Citrical Calcium
Supplement.  As always you listmates come through promptly.  Your  feedback is
truly appreciated!  CJ

SUMMARY...
8 people responded that they have used Citrical Calcium Supplements for
years with no problems
(one added that blood work has been good when using Citrical)
(one added that bone density has been good when using Citrical)
(one added that calcium should be taken with enough vitamin D)
1 person responded that she felt like vomiting within 1 -2 hours of taking
Citrical

Other  calcium supplements recommended were Viactive and Rainbow
(available at health food stores)

Some additional responses included the following...
Freeda Vitamins calcium citrate.. (use web) they are the
purest I  have found...it comes in fine granular form, loose in a
jar ...no  capsules...the only one I could find that passed the GF test.
I separately  take Vit D (not too much) the same way...I open a
granulated capsule  and add it to the granulated Freeda Calcium citrate
Freeda is gluten  free...

I do not take Citrical,  but would like to share some  information about
calcium with you.  The type of calcium found in the  product you mentioned is
citrate and carbonate.  They are nowhere  near the most absorbent forms of
calcium.  The best is calcium  orotate. My Dr wanted me on a prescription
bone builder that I refused,  due to possible side effects.  I researched
calcium extensively, and  started taking the orotate version along with D3 and
magnesium at night  before bed.  Within one year I went from full blown
osteoporosis,  through osteopenia to a low normal reading.  My Dr was shocked.   I
now recommend it to anyone needing a calcium supplement.  I use the  brand
Advanced Research by Dr Hans Nieper, Calcium Orotate 1.5g.  He  was a
brilliant German Dr. who believed all disease was caused by and  could be cured by
nutrition.  I order from LuckyVitamin.com and found  they have the best
price.  It is a bit more expensive than the  citrate or carbonate forms, but it
is the best.  The pills are  smaller and start to dissolve on the tongue,
which is quite different from  most calcium supplements.  They are gluten
free too.

The following article was mentioned by one  respondent.....
_http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/13/health/calcium-and-vitamin-d-ineffective-
for-fractures-us-preventive-services-task-force-says.html_

*******
*******