From:
"J.A.H." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J.A.H.
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:17:30 -0700

  No-tomato Tomato Sauce

---------------------------------

Can be used by
All blood types

Description
Quick and easy to make   - you won't believe it's not really tomatoes!  You can use this for Spaghetti Sauce, Chili base or Pizza sauce or Whatever Sauce!

Ingredients
2 1/2 C steamed carrots
 1/3 C steamed beets (other recipe said 1/2 cup)
 2/3 C Water
 3 Tbsp Lemon juice
 1 1/2 tsp Salt
 1-Tbsp Basil (leave out for Chili)
 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
 1/8 tsp Oregano
 3/4 C chopped, cooked onions (I use dried flakes equivalent),
 1 clove minced Garlic
Directions
Steam carrots and beets until tender. Brown onion & garlic together. Measure all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add cooked ground meat or meatballs for spaghetti sauce. Or use as is for pizza sauce. Omit Basil for Chili and use as you would normally. It freezes nicely in a canning jar. Remember to allow about an inch at the top and tighten jar lid after sauce freezes.

 I would suggest you make a double batch of this recipe and keep half frozen for future use. In my experience this sauce is better if it's made the day before and allowed to mellow.

Flowers 4 me