From:
Mary Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2013 12:04:58 -0400

I recently read a post by someone who felt neuropathy was improved by
exercise &  I wanted to add my own comment and seek others opinions who
have similar problems.  I've been diagnosed with celiac for ten years,
always follow a strictly gluten free diet, and have nutritional
malabsorption.  I have severe burning pain in one hand & arm, causing some
disability & lots of sleep loss due to pain.  I also have severe
hyperhidrosis (abnormal sweating of head and trunk)  which the Dr. says is
part of autonomic dysfunction.  This all began in July, 2010 when I had a
three level cervical spinal fusion and had some nodules removed from my
neck.

 I have also tried the same yoga exercise video and have also had many
different types of therapy.  All of the therapies and exercises tried have
caused the pain to increase and  be more disabling, with more  burning and
cramping in my arm.

I would be interested in hearing if any other listers
with celiac/neuropathy have had any success/pain relief with any treatments.

My doctors here in Michigan had never even heard of small fiber neuropathy,
until I saw someone else's posting on this list about a year ago & began to
search the web & found many articles about celiac small fiber neuropathy,
which I showed to my rheumatologist (I also have scleroderma, sjogrens and
ehler-danlos).  She then did research & found that many people with celiac,
scleroderma, sjogrens, ehlers-danlos and  also with  fibromyalgia have
this  neuropathy.   While I do not have fibromyalgia, I did try neurontin
and also amitriptyline with no success.  They caused me to have severe
headaches.

I will summarize.   All of you on this list have been a lifesaver for me
and my Doctors have learned from it.

Mary - in Michigan now

*******
*******