Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:12:12 PST

The gluten free list which I received from Frito Lay has the following
warning:

"The above products do not contain gluten.  They are produced on the
same line as our products that do contain gluten.  The lines are washed
between batches;  however, a slight residue may remain on the line.
Individuals who are extremely sensitive may be affected.)  *Only the
regular flavors (i.e., no seasoning or flavor added) of these products
are gluten-free. Seasoned or flavored products may contain Hydrolyzed
Vegetable Protein , often derived from wheat."

In this product list is Cheetos.  I would greatly appreciate receiving
complete information on products.  If the manufacturer lists a
disclaimer or warning please list this in your summary.  Frito Lay has
been listing this disclaimer for quite some time.  Cheetos is listed
with the * so it has no added gluten but may be contaminated during
process on the equipment.

I have posted the frito lay list on my salty snack list along with their
disclaimer.  The salty snack list is located at:

http://geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-salty-snacks.html

Abigail, St Paul, MN
Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group http://www.customforum.com/celiac/
Moderated chats: Mon 8-9pm E.T.