From:
lisa jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lisa jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2012 21:55:47 -0800

 Sorry this took so long to post, but for some reason I kept getting an error message every time I tried.  I finally wound up buying the Walgreen's Ultimate A to Z!

Walgreen's Women's
Ultimate A thru Z Select is similar to Centrum Women's vitamin and is GF  (Steven from glutenfreedrugs.com)

I take Centrum Silver Ultra.
Now this is Centrum's multi-vitamin for women over 50, but they have one for
younger women.  When the GI doctor that I just saw (and found out I had
collagenous colitis in addition to celiac) asked me what medications I was
taking and I told him Centrum Silver Ultra, he said "good
choice".  I have checked the bottle again this morning for you and it
says it contains soy.  I have never had a problem with it and have been
taking it for about 3 years.  It's
available at Wal-Mart and Walgreens, I know for sure.  But I buy it at
Costco in a giant size bottle that is much cheaper than either place. (Karen in
Mesa, AZ)

I take Nature Made multi for women. It’s listed right on their
website whether the specific vitamin is gf or not.  I see it local grocery stores and drug
stores.

The majority of Nature Made vitamins are gluten
free.  There are several multi vitamins in their line.  I
am a type II diabetic along with being celiac, so I take the Diabetes Health
Pack.  In addition to that I take the Fish Oil, B Complex, and Vitamin
D.  I take different brand calcium that's cheap because I take 8 pills a
day but the pharmacist checked for me and it is gluten free.  You may not
find the exact formula that your doctor wants you to take but Nature Made has a
wide variety of vitamins that I am sure you would be able to put something
together.  If you live near a Walgreen's every so often they have a two
for one sale.  That really helps!  (Deanna
- fellow Celiac)

They say that getting vitamins in the foods you
eat is better than taking

additional. Most gluten free products are
nutrient deficient. As a mom

bringing up 2 gf boys, I faced this all the
time. So when I developed

Astoria Mills gluten free mixes, I had a formula
designed that augments a gf diet.   (Trina  www.astoriamills.ca)

I have
been using a brand called Rainbow Light Women's
Just Once Multi Vitamin.   rainbowlight.com/
They have a great line of products - all GF and another line of organic.
I found them when I used their prenatal vitamin.  You can order online or
get them at Earth Fare, Whole Foods, and most health food stores.  I
actually found the prenatal at Target and CVS, and my grocery store (Giant
Eagle).  If you ask the pharmacist they can usually order it for you from
their warehouse if they don't keep the one you are looking for in stock.  They
were the only line that didn't bother my stomach.  A little more pricey,
especially the organic, but well worth it.  I even found a baby vitamin
and children's vitamin that does not upset my kids' tummies.  (Michelle)

Nature Made vitamins - always check the label - but the ones I have say

gluten free right on them.  I get them at
my local Shop Rite.  (Diane in NJ)

I take Nature Made brand - liquid soft gel multi for her. It has calcium and iron. It
states on label no gluten or starch. I buy it at the local pharmacy -Rite Aid.

Hi. I noticed that
most of Target brand
vitamins are labeled "gluten free" including their woman's
multivitamin.  (Heather)

Rainbow Light makes wonderful women’s one-a-day MVI, food-based, easy to digest and
GF.  I recommend it to all of my patients.   (Genevieve)

If you are a member
of Costco, you have a wonderful selection of multivitamins.  The Kirkland brand and Nature Made vitamins are excellent.  However, Nature Made is also available at
your supermarket and local drug store.  (Vi)

I go to Walgreens and find a bottle that says GF on it.  (Diane)

I have been taking Nature Made vitamins for years - over 13 years.  They are available
at grocery and drug stores and frequently go on sale.  (Jean)

Do
you know about Vitacost?  vitacost.com.
 Try searching for your brand of vitamins there, and if they do not carry
the brand you like, you can search “gluten free vitamins”.  They carry a
multitude of items, and you can search by specific brand (for example, they
carry Namaste and Bob’s Red Mill), or by health concern (gluten-free
etc.).  The prices absolutely cannot be beat.  I buy almost
everything there, from gluten free pretzels to all of our supplements.  (Francie)

I think the Nature Made line and most Kirkland (at Costco) brands are gluten free!  (Stacie)

Costco (Kirkland)
multivitamins are gluten free and are age specific.

If  you have a Costco near you, you
can try their Kirkland brand
Premium Performance Multi "no gluten" vitamins plus many
other minerals etc.   (Pat)

I use Reliv Classic and
Innergize. It's about $80 a
month and I credit it with helping me get well finally. If interested I can put
you in touch with someone for more information. It's liquid so you can absorb
the nutrients

Nature Made for Her is gluten-free, and there are often coupons in the
newspaper. I use the one for 50+ years of age, but there are others.  The
bottles are marked gluten-free.

I have been using Nature Made Multi For Her.  It is gluten free and can
be found in most grocery stores, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.  (Nicole)

Believe it or not Wal-Mart has vitamins that are gluten free and MARKED as such.
Highly rated by Consumer's Report and Shopsmart magazines and less pricey than
advertised brands.  (Karen)

I get a lot of my supplements at Amazon
because they are always in stock and it comes 48 hours later.  We have
prime shipping so pay a flat rate once a year.  If it is not prime, the
shipping is free if over $25.00.  You should check on it.  (Anne in Texas)