From:
Holly Martz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:51:19 EDT

Thank you to everyone who replied:

These answers say it all. . . .

"Amoxicillin 250mg & 500mg manufactured by TEVA 1(888) 838-2872 is Gluten
Free according to Celiac Sprue a Guide Through The Medicine Cabinet put out
by Stokes Pharmacy."

"According to a list of GF medications I received at a Celiac conference,
Amoxicillin is GF.  So are Augmentin, Bactrim, Cefzil, Septra, Trimox and
Zithromax."

Others of you warned that not all antibiotics are GF, so we should always
check with the manufacturer about antibiotics that are not listed above.

Thanks again,

Holly