From:
Joan K. Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:26:03 -0400

Dear Listmates,

Does anyone know whether the following medications are GF: Lidocaine,
fentanyl, diprovan and propofol? I have been given the exipient ingredients
for diprovan. They are soybean oil, glycerol, egg leccithin, disodium edta
and sodium hydroxide. I am not sure what the glycerol, disodium edta or
sodium hydroxide are and therefore from what they may be derived. Does
anyone know if these chemicals are safe? I couldn't find them on any of the
additives list. I have contacted Abbott the manufacturer of lidocaine and
fentanyl but they have not gotten back with an answer yet. Any information
would be very helpful.

joan
Ardmore, PA