From:
Candy Henze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:58:45 -0500

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for their responses -- 43 of
you! In my haste to pose my question to the list I failed to provide a
certain amount of details.  Mainly, I *have* provided a significant
amount of celiac disease/GF diet information (all from the terrific
web-sites on the net!) to my son's father (in a nice, neat binder),
suggested he call or write Dr. Fasano from the UMd Celiac Research
Center, as well as forwarded to him recipes and info from this list!

To summarize my post, more or less, the majority of you suggested just
that -- provide him with as much information about the disease as
possible.

Almost as much of you suggested having a doctor write or speak to him
about the seriousness of this disease and the seriousness of adhering to
a GF diet.  Thanks to those suggestions I have called my son's pediatric
GI and asked her to do just that (with a copy to me!)

Still more suggested speaking to an attorney or taking the matter up
with the courts; either restricting or taking away his father's custody;
making sure my son is educated about the disease *and* the diet; and how
much his father's neglect/ignorance of the diet endangers our son and
even that it should be considered abuse!

Again, I appreciate so much your responses!  It is a comfort to have you
all out there and to know I'm not alone.