Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:22:28 -0500

My brother has been having numbness and eventually extreme pain for the past 5 weeks in his feet, legs, arms, and stomach, especially when he is very active.
At first they thought he might have Guillain Barre Syndrome, but have since ruled that out.

They are now considering Small Fiber Sensory Neuropathy.  In reading about this, it makes mention of a connection to Celiac Disease.  Has anyone had experience with these symptoms, or Small Fiber Sensory Neuropathy?
If so, was it conclusively diagnosed?  Were there any specific tests that helped make that diagnosis?  Did eliminating gluten take care of the pain and numbness, or was more treatment necessary?
Please let me know your experiences relating to this.

Our mother was diagnosed three years ago, and up until now, none of her children or grandchildren have experienced any problems when eating gluten in our diets.
Thanks for sharing.

*******
*******