From:
Christie Priem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 13:35:43 -0700

Dear Listmates,

I have been buying frozen grocery-store brand lemonade for a few weeks now,
and I believe it's not GF, since it's the only thing I've tried lately.  The
ingredients seem okay, but I'm cutting it out.  I haven't called the company
on it, because it would take forever to reach the people in charge of
producing it (the grocery store people probably don't even know who to
call) and it's easier just to cut it out.  But I wanted to mention that it's
likely many other brands are dangerous, as well.  Beware!

I called Ocean Spray late last week to check on the GF-status of their new
sugar-free juice (Wellfleet Farms or something like that).  The woman I talked
to had me hold while she asked someone else, and when she came back she said,
"No.  It's not."  (Sort of in the same tone as, "Don't drink it!")  I'm glad I
called because I didn't figure juice would need any gluten in it to make it
yummy.

It's everywhere!  The evil surrounds us!

-Christie in Phoenix