From:
Lisa Sievers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 22:48:52 -0400

Here are the results of the responses I received concerning Cracker
Barrel.  There were a few people who felt it was not safe to eat at
Cracker Barrel.  Most, however, found several items  ok.   There were
some contradictory responses, e.g. one person said  meatloaf is gf,
another said it is not.  I did write to the restaurant's headquarters
and got a reply saying they will look into my request further.  I've not
heard back.    Please remember this info is not based on what the
restaurant says but on the responses I received.    The lists below
include all items that were noted to be ok (even if it was just by 1
person).  Again, many thanks to all who responded.  Lisa

MEATS that are said to be ok:

1.  hamburger - 100% beef
2.  grilled chicken - some said with out marinade
3.  grilled porkchop - by far the most commonly mentioned meat
4.  bacon
5.  catfish - some said they ate this w/no reaction and had been assured
       it was coated with cornmeal only
6.  BBQ
7.  meatloaf - 1 ok, 1 not ok
8.  steak - no seasoning
9.  country ham

VEGETABLES:  green beans, carrots, baked apples, mashed potatoes (no
gravy) corn, baked potato, fried apples, turnip greens, coleslaw, pinto
beans,  BLT said with out croutons

OTHER:      grits, eggs (cooked w/either canola or butter),  ok
            hashbrowns - mixed reviews, some say ok, one person said they
                have flour in them
            corn muffins - one said a letter from the corporate office
                states they contain flour
            vanilla ice cream - ok