From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:48:43 -0700

http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=903&sid=91hH9H1FP0Xg944-37105565078.fb

And I did find these (for sale, pre-made) -- might be worth it, just to be able to make them. :-)

http://www.glutenfreemall.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=1917

Here's the rest:

http://www.aa-foods.com/bulk.cfm?sysName=6 -- these foods are like a gift from heaven for GF hikers, except that the site is for retailers ... you'll need to find someone who carries their foods.  You can contact them at: [log in to unmask]

http://justtomatoes.com/ -- they do not note it on the website, but I'm quite sure that all (or nearly all) these products (which are freeze-dried veggies and fruits) are GF

These are some products from a Canadian company, and I think they have pretty strict labeling laws there -- but, on first glance, these products looked GF to me:

http://www.softpathcuisine.com/products/blackbeanrice.html

http://www.softpathcuisine.com/products/barbiesdhal.html

http://www.softpathcuisine.com/products/brownrice.html

http://www.softpathcuisine.com/products/cdnmaplebeans.html

http://www.softpathcuisine.com/products/coconutcomfort.html

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/pfoshop/dept.asp?dept_id=38 -- when you look over the ingredients and details of each food, they note when things are GF

A site that sells individual packets of condiments (such as Heinz ketchup, Kraft Mayo, etc.):  http://www.minimus.biz

A few backpacking/camping recipes I came upon while searching about:

==============================

I found this, but don't know where, so can't give proper credit:

Baked Apple

     * apples

     * brown sugar

     * aluminum foil

     * raisins

     * cinnamon

Core an apple and place it on a square of aluminum foil. Fill the core hole in with raisins, brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon. Wrap foil around it and bake for ten minutes on the hot coals.

==============================

 From utahwild.com:

Rice Breakfast, one serving

1/3 cup drd milk

1 1/6 cup instant rice

1/4 cup raisins

1/8 tsp cinnamon

4 tsp sugar

Cheesy Baco-Spuds, two servings

1 1/2 cup potato flakes 1/3 cup drd milk

1 pkg ButterBuds

1 T. drd parsely

1 T. drd onions

1/2 tsp salt

2 heaping T. powdered cheese

bit of pepper

bacon bits to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a plastic bag, except for bacon bits.

Bring water to boil (amounts according to pckg), dump in mixture, stir. Add bacon bits.

From: http://www.isu.edu/outdoor/bkrecipe.htm

Cashew Rice Curry (Makes 2 generous servings)

       Ingredients:

       1/4 cup dried milk

       1/2 tsp salt

       1 tsp curry powder

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson