From:
Sue Newell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 13:56:12 -0400

Hi
I had a good GF meal last week on Canada 3000, a charter airline operating
from Canada to various destinations in the U.S., Caribbean, and Europe. My
travel agent had made all the arrangements for this trip. Canada 3000 has a
widespread reputation among our local celiac group as an airline that does
not serve GF meals, so I was not expecting a GF meal.

When my meal arrived it was a plain chicken breast heated with orange
slices, plain steamed rice, and a fresh tomato with basil. Dessert was fruit
salad. The return trip was the same meal, with the addition of a cabbage
salad and a rice cake. I didn't trust the cabbage salad, but it was served
in a separate container.

The pretzels served as snacks were not GF.

For those who travel on business, it helps to make friends with your
corporate travel agent. My travel agent always requests a GF meal for me,
and knows that the backup position is a fruit plate. She lets me know in
advance if neither of these options is available. If possible, she books me
on airlines that we know will supply GF meals. Even if you only travel a few
times a year, making friends with a travel agent can be a big help in
arranging food.

From the many other messages reporting bad airline experiences, it still
pays to carry a sandwich or some other food with you, just in case.

Sue Newell
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada