From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 21:31:29 -0500

>>A long while ago, there was a question (from me?) about the difference
>>between celiac disease and gluten intolerance. ....
>
>This post was somewhat surprising to me.  My understanding is that the
>primary difference is between celiac disease and non-tropical sprue.

I wonder if there is some confusion between the term non-tropical sprue and
tropical sprue.  I thought non-tropical sprue and celiac were the same
thing, and that tropical sprue was a temporary disease resulting from some
aspect (food, water, air, ???) of living or traveling in the tropics.
Someone help me out.  Thanks,  Gayle K.